New York Sports Betting and NBA Free Agency Analysis
On the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission that put Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on the moon, New York becomes the 10th state to land a legal sports wager. Call it a Sea of Bet-quility.
North Carolina follows suit – almost – by passing legislation to legalize sports betting.
And as the frenzy of NBA free agency slows to a rolling boil – we think – DraftKings NBA analyst Julian Edlow stops by to assess who moved the odds and if it was justified.
Badder Beats Episode 36
|Where Can You Listen to Badder Beats Episode 36?|
|Spotify Listen Here|
|Soundcloud Listen Here|
|iTunes Listen Here|
EPISODE 36 TIME STAMPS
State legislatures update
- New York finally implements sports betting.
- What was the first legal sports bet in New York?
- How New York’s legal sports betting deal got done.
- Rush Street Interactive at the vanguard in the New York, like in Pennsylvania.
- New Jersey is the big winner in New York implementation?
- The bullet point history of New York sports betting movement.
- North Carolina legalizes sports betting, becoming the seventh state to do so in 2019.
- There is no mobile wagering in the North Carolina sports betting bill.
- North Carolina actually considered banning betting on college sports.
- Who won NBA free agency and how did they move the futures markets?
- The Golden State Warriors are looking pretty undervalued.
- On how Kawhi Leonard jiggled the championship lines in real-time.
- How you should consider the Milwaukee Bucks when betting NBA futures.
- Are there any other big NBA free agency signings that could jolt the lines?
- Julian Edlow loves the Philadelphia 76ers in the Eastern Conference.
- On how NBA Summer League has grown into a marquee event and betting market.
- On the National Council of Legislators from Gaming States convention in Minnesota.
- How NCLGS convention-goers fret (or not) the Wire Act.
- Ryan Butler breaks down a study of where legal sports betting will likely work and why.
- In honor of Apollo 11 moon landing …. want to bet on man landing on Mars?
- Ryan Butler asks Brant James to assess a dart match.
DraftKings NBA analyst Julian Edlow
Ryan Butler takes a road trip
|Where to Find Episode 36 on Social Media|
|Badder Beats on Instagram|
|Badder Beats on Twitter|
|Brant James on Twitter|
|Ryan Butler on Twitter|
|Julian Edlow on Twitter|
Following the historic #Apollo11 launch, Walter Cronkite shares a humorous moment with @AstroMCollins about the astronaut's mustache in a 1969 @FaceTheNation interview.— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) July 15, 2019
Don’t miss @CBSThisMorning Tuesday as we mark 50 years since the iconic #Apollo11 mission to the moon. 🚀🌚 pic.twitter.com/ZxWRO2noEF