Best Online Bookmakers 2019
Compare offers & read top UK bookmaker reviews
Every online gambler deserves a safe and fair place to play. Our mission at Bookies.com is to create a safe online environment for players through free, impartial and independent reviews of the UK's best online gambling companies so that you can play with confidence and security. All ratings and reviews are made independently of the operator by our team of gaming experts and with every company being fully UK licensed they can be trusted to offer fair play. We accept compensation from the companies advertised on this page and this may affect the brand positioning. We endeavour to continuously update this list so we can bring you the most current sites and the best available offers but we cannot review every site in the market.Every online gambler deserves a safe and fair place to play. Our mission at Bookies.com is to create a safe online environment for players through free, impartial and independent reviews of the US's best online gambling companies so that you can play with confidence and security. All ratings and reviews are made independently of the operator by our team of gaming experts and with every company being fully US licensed they can be trusted to offer fair play. We accept compensation from the companies advertised on this page and this may affect the brand positioning. We endeavour to continuously update this list so we can bring you the most current sites and the best available offers but we cannot review every site in the market.
Bet £20, Get a £20 Free Bet
18+,T&C Apply. Begambleaware.org, first deposit only, T&Cs apply. Casino bonus: min. £10, max. £100. Bonus/free spins winnings wagering requirement: x35. Max. bonus bet: £5, can vary. Free sports bet: Minimum deposit and stake £20 (min odds 2.0). Credited after all qualifying bets settled.
Bet £20, Get £2018+. New customers only. Minimum deposit of £20, wagered 1x on Sports at 1/2 (1.5) odds or higher. Begambleaware. Further T&C's app
Get up to £50 in Bonuses18+,T&C Apply. Begambleaware.org. Minimum Deposit £20. Bonus will expire 7 days from registration.
Most regular bettors in the UK have accounts with multiple betting sites and bookmakers, giving them the flexibility to get the best odds and take advantage of free bet offers. But it still takes a bit of astute analysis to ensure you're punting with the best online bookmakers and not some fly-by-night operator who offers bad odds, slow payouts and constant site bugs. Our quick guide gives you the lowdown on what to consider when choosing bookmakers online, how to find the best betting sites, how to choose a top mobile betting site and finding sites with top-rated event coverage.
What to Consider When Choosing Bookmakers Online
Choosing your favourite online bookmakers in the UK is partly dependent on your betting preferences and personal taste, though we're offering up eight factors to tick off your check list when seeking a new betting site:
- Regulated betting sites: Most new online bookmakers in the UK are fully regulated by the likes of the UK Gambling Commission or the Malta Gaming Authority, but be sure to double check to avoid betting with dubious sites.
- Site design and navigation: Betting sites in the UK have their own distinctive look and energy, with different layouts suiting different punters. Think about whether you need a high energy site, or one with a chilled out vibe.
- Free bets and bonus: There's never been a better time to be a punter when it comes to the bonuses and free bets from UK bookmakers on the web. They want your custom, so take advantage of some great offers. Be sure to check the terms and conditions to ensure it's worth snapping up.
- Live in-play betting: The live betting bookmaking market continues to grow, but it's still worth checking that a new site offers the markets and bet types that suit your preferences.
- Range of markets: The best online bookmakers offer either a huge range of global markets, or high-class niche options. Be sure to identify sites that cater for your best betting markets.
- Banking options and support: The best bookmakers in the UK offer a wide range of options when it comes to banking, though make sure you can deposit and withdraw with the same option.
- Blog quality: The best betting sites in the UK feature excellent betting advice, with some legitimately great tips. Don't dismiss the new sites – there are some excellent blogs and vlogs being launched.
- Good reviews: Online bookie reviews are always a good way to get a feel for new bookie sites and bonus offers via review sites, word of mouth and social media.
How to Decide Which Online Betting Site is Best?
Some well-established online bookies are household names in the UK, but with many innovative new players in the industry, finding the best betting sites takes a bit of work. The three best strategies are word of mouth via friends, quality online review sites such as bookies.com and signing up to a new betting site in the UK and giving it a test run via your regular device.
Leading review sites are the quickest way to find new sites, ensure they're safe and reliable, give you a fast rundown of products and check the odds and markets – in addition to offering bonus codes and free bet information.
Does the Bookmaker Offer Mobile Betting?
The chance to bet and cashout with in-play betting is rapidly becoming a must for smart bettors, offering a concept that's entertaining and potentially a profitable long-term strategy. If you're out and about and want to get a bet on, it's much easier to load up a mobile betting site or bookie app via your phone, than carry your laptop around; it's also way more discreet. Any quality bookmaker in the UK should either have a site that works seamlessly when switching devices, or have a free app to use when betting via your phone. Before registering with a site, it's worth checking which options they offer and whether the site is compatible with your mobile.
What Events and Markets are Offered?
As the internet betting industry continues to evolve, bookmakers online are continuously looking for innovative ways to deliver bettors different options and unique products. Increasingly, we're seeing bookmakers offer a vast range of markets across global sports, while others focus on optimising specific niches, such as in-play betting options, a core sport like football, or emerging products like e-Sports. It's therefore key for punters to analyse the markets and bet types available to see if they cater for their key betting preferences. Even with a sport like football, which is probably universally offered by all bookmaker and sportsbook websites, you can find big differences with the depth of betting options available, both pre-match and in-play.
Some sites also offer bonuses related to specific sports, such as extra horse racing places or price boosts on football accumulators, so digging into the bookie's product can find you the best sites to take some extra value from.