Best Betting Sites in Ireland
There are many factors to consider when you’re looking for the best possible betting site and we’re on hand to point you in the right direction. Irish betting customers have a wealth of available bookmaker options, although it always pays to be selective and ensure that you are placing your online wagers with an operator which ticks as many boxes as possible.
Our team of experts have carefully examined all the betting sites that operate in Ireland and we’ve come up with the below list of operators. Only the best bookies have made the grade and we’ve used some strict pieces of criteria to ensure that readers are always getting the best level of service in accordance with what they want to get from their betting.
Naturally, all of the bookies from the below list have a generous welcome bonus available, while we’ve made sure that they also have promotions and offers which can be enjoyed by existing customers. These might take the form of accumulator bonuses or money back for football matches or Best Odds Guaranteed when it comes to Irish horse racing.
It’s also important that Irish betting customers are able to choose from a wide range of betting markets when it comes to the latest sporting events. Competitive odds are also a necessity considering that you want to achieve the biggest possible return whenever you place a bet, while we’ve also looked at In-Play betting, Cash Out and Customer Service.
Why Trust Bookies’ Irish Sportsbook Reviews
For starters, we will only showcase the sportsbooks which have a UK and Irish gambling license. The first port of call is to bet with a bookmaker where it’s totally legal for a customer resident in Ireland to register a betting account, deposit and withdraw money to and from their account and place sports bets using Euros.
Our team has decades of experience when it comes to identifying the best and most exciting Irish betting sites in the business. We balance our coverage of the leading brands having been accepting bets from Irish customers for many years, with new entrants to the Irish betting markets. We strive to ensure that we only cover brands continuing to meet the needs of punters with their first-class betting service across a broad range of sports.
We have a strong knowledge of the sports betting industry and have a keen awareness of the bookmakers who offer the most competitive odds for each sport, while we’re also tuned into the bookies who have the best In-Play betting service along with those that have the most generous sports promotions and offers.
As you can see from the below list of betting sites operating in Ireland, you can identify the best feature with each operator and that will help you to understand the best bookmaker for your betting requirements. We have also stated their UK Gambling Commission(UKGC)[PW1] License number for purposes of credibility, while you can also establish the sign-up offer for each betting site.
We recommend that you read the terms of conditions of a betting site sign-up offer before going ahead and registering a betting account. While we have verified every bookmaker’s welcome bonus before recommending them on this page, it’s good to know how a free bet works before going ahead and signing up, so that you can deposit and bet the amount that will secure the bonus that you want.
How to Choose the Best Betting Site for you
We completely understand that every betting customer is different when it comes to finding the right bookmaker. However, everyone in Ireland wanting to place a sports bet will want to always make sure they get a value proposition. We have therefore gone through each operator site with a fine toothcomb to ensure that you are getting a shortlist of bookies which we would choose to bet with ourselves.
Below are the benchmarks we use when assessing an online betting site and how we judge each piece of criteria in turn. This means our readers can then judge which bookmaker is the best possible option and it should also be noted that it pays to hold betting accounts with a number of bookmakers to get the best of both worlds:
- Signup process – ideally you want to find an Irish betting site which allows you to sign up quickly and easily for a new account. It should be a nice smooth process which means you can quickly deposit and place your first sports bet.
- Signup offer – you want to get a generous signup offer without having to jump through lots of hoops. The key things to note are the minimum odds requirement of any qualifying bet along with turnover requirements and the amount of bonus available.
- Security and Support – a bookmaker should treat customer security with paramount importance and that includes personal details and financial information. You should also be able to contact the operator quickly and easily should the need arise.
- Licensing – you should only register with a betting site if they are licensed to offer online betting in the UK and Ireland. Ideally, they should hold a license with the UK Gambling Commission so that they are consistently regulated and practice the best methods
- Odds and percentage payout – it’s important to note that every bookmaker will offer different betting odds to their customers. It’s imperative to frequently secure the biggest price and we highlight the bookies who have standout odds for each sport.
- Betting Markets – it’s key when you want to bet on a football game, horse race or tennis match to find the biggest selection of betting markets for that event. Customers should try and obtain as much choice as possible, including the possibility of placing your own Bet Builder or Same Game Multi.
- Live Streaming Options – if you want to watch live streaming of football, tennis, racing and a host of other sports, seek out a betting site that operates a Bet and Watch system. It’s great to access live streams so that you can watch the coverage while placing bets.
- Betting Options (e.g. cash out) – it’s great to get a number of different betting options when you place your online wagers. Ideally, your betting site should offer you a wide range of betting markets where Cash Out can be enjoyed and it’s even better if that includes Partial Cash Out and Auto Cash Out.
- In-Play Betting – many customers prefer to place live bets rather than pre-event wagers and it’s important to find a bookie which has extensive 24/7 coverage when it comes to In-Play sports betting. The live betting odds should always be competitive and update in real-time.
- Sports Coverage – while the majority of bookies will cover a comprehensive range of football leagues, it’s also good to find a betting site that covers lots of other sports and pays special attention to the big competitions for sports such as tennis, cricket, golf, basketball and American football.
- User Experience – every bookmaker we profile has to score highly when it comes to logging into your account, accessing your bet nice and quickly before choosing your stake and processing your online wager. Navigation should be fast and easy.
- Customer Service – it’s imperative that you’re able to contact a bookmaker’s customer service department on a 24/7 basis and ideally, you should be able to reach out through Live Chat as an option in addition to a toll-free phone number and an email address or contact form.
- Withdrawal times – this is a big one for customers who want any of their betting funds withdrawn to their betting account in a short space of time. Some payment methods are quicker than others in this regard.
- Loyalty Programme – if you’re betting regularly with the same bookmaker, then it’s nice to have your loyalty acknowledged in the form of a loyalty bonus. Better still, if you get access to a loyalty programme where free bets and prizes can be racked up, then it’s a big plus.
Best Irish Betting Sites
We’re specifically looking for the best betting sites that service the needs of Irish customers. This doesn’t just mean that a bookmaker offers Euros as a currency option and puts the Irish flag on their website. They must also offer an attractive betting service to customers based in Ireland who want to place value bets on their favourite sports on a regular basis.
While many betting customers in Ireland are looking for a solid all-rounder in the form of a good bookmaker, some punters want to secure an account with an operator that outperforms the competition for a specific thing. This might be having the biggest sign-up bonus, the most attractive soccer odds, the best offering for horse racing or perhaps they are the kings of In-Play betting.
How to Pick the Best Betting Offers
Every bookmaker operating in Ireland will offer new customers the chance to claim a welcome bonus and they tend to differ in terms of the value of the free bet and also how to qualify for this promotion. You might find there is a mixture of deposit bonuses, matched bet bonuses and risk-free first bets which are all worth checking out.
Ultimately, we recommend taking each betting offer one at a time. You need to be aware of the deposit amount in order to trigger a free bet and consider whether there is any minimum odds requirement with your qualifying bet. Sometimes you might have to place a first bet at odds of 1/2 or 1/5 so it’s worth checking the terms and conditions.
You should also look to see if there are any wagering requirements when you get your free bet. Ideally, you should be able to withdraw any winnings that are made from the free bets you place, while we recommend you try to land the maximum free bet where possible while also gambling responsibly.
Finding the Best Free Bets and Bonus Offers
It all comes down to the type of free bet that you’re looking to hunt down. These can be free bets which don’t even require a deposit although these are often scarce. A deposit bonus is probably among the most common, while a reload sports betting bonus offers you the chance to get an additional bonus in your balance. There are often risk-free opening bets available along with a price boost.
- No Deposit Bonus – grab one of these if you can. Certain bookmakers might have a no deposit bonus although you might still need to add your card details in order to withdraw any winnings.
- Deposit Bonus – this is the most common form of free bet and consists of getting a matched free bet on your first deposit. You usually have to play through this deposit at particular betting odds to trigger the free bet and it’s a great way of getting started.
- Reload Bonus – if you’re a loyal betting customer, a bookmaker might offer you the chance to reload by getting a bonus on top of your next deposit. This might be anything between 10% and 100% of your deposit so give it a whirl.
- Bet Insurance/Cashback – some betting sites will give you a risk-free bet where you can enjoy placing your first bet knowing that you’ll either be paid out a profit if it wins or alternatively get the money back should you lose with the first bet.
- Price Boost – a bookie will often have a super-big price about a certain team winning a football match and that means you can have a limited stake on this team at the price boosted odds and walk away with a tidy profit if it wins.
New Betting Sites in Ireland
While we will always recommend experienced bookmakers who have commanded our respect for several years and dominate the landscape, there are always some new betting sites who are worthy of consideration. New operators are able to secure a UK and Irish gambling license before offering a unique selling point which makes them stand out from the crowd.
New bookmakers tend to focus on mobile sites and apps in order to gain an edge over the competition. There is often a more social element to the new bookmaker apps which can often see customers add to the content on the betting site, with other customers then having the choice to follow their picks or go their own way.
Ireland’s Best Betting Apps Reviews
We would always recommend signing up with a bookmaker through their desktop or mobile site before deciding to download a mobile app. The majority of bookies make their app available for Android and Apple devices, with customers able to use their existing logins to access their betting account and it can often lead to a swift betting experience.
The bookmaker apps offer a safe and secure betting experience and you can find all the hallmarks of a betting site at this app, with many customers choosing to bet on the move where they can load up the mobile app from their phone and place online bets. Touch ID and Face ID can also be used to access your account.
Online Betting vs. Offline Betting
There are a considerable number of advantages to betting online in Ireland, especially as we live in a mobile age where the vast majority of customers have mobile devices. You can bet at your own convenience when it comes to online wagering, with betting sites available on a 24/7 basis and there is even customer service in operation around the clock.
There was a time when punters would have to visit a betting shop to place a bet on the horse racing or the football coupons, although there are generally much more competitive prices when you choose to place your bets online and there’s also the added perks of getting live streaming, Cash Out and In-Play betting to mention just a few.
Signing Up to Online Bookmakers
As you might expect, signing up with an online bookmaker is a fairly simple process. A good betting site looking to attract customers from Ireland should have a straightforward step-by-step guide which works along the following lines:
- Tap on “Join Now” to start the registration process
- Fill out the online application form with your details
- Once you are registered, choose your payment method
- Make a first deposit using this payment method
Once you have fulfilled the above steps, you should be in a position to not only place bets but also qualify for the new customer free bet. Please bear this in mind when signing up.
The Home of the Best Betting Tips
Not only do we provide a comprehensive betting guide when it comes to the best bookmakers in Ireland, there is also the chance to secure the best betting tips across several sports. This includes expert horse racing tips, superb horse racing insight for the big UK and Irish horse races and a number of other betting tips when it comes to major sporting events.
Online Betting FAQs
Which betting sites offer free bets to Irish customers?
Every betting site featured at our website will offer some kind of free bet or welcome bonus to Irish customers when they first sign up. The free bets differ in terms of stake value and how to qualify, although the vast majority work along the lines of a deposit bonus where customers get a matched free bet when their original bet has been settled.
What betting sites offer free bets?
All the leading betting sites will have a free bet available and there is sometimes the chance for existing customers to secure further free bets through the promotions that are currently on offer. There are sometimes loyalty or VIP programmes where there’s the chance to boost your bonus balance or get bet credits.
Are betting sites legal?
Yes, all the betting sites that are featured on this page offer a legal online way to place sports bets. They have secured licences with the Irish government to ensure that they can function within this country and they are subject to strict regulations. Providing that you can access the bookmaker and they accept Irish customers, you have nothing to worry about.
How do I place a bet online?
You will need a registered betting account with at least one bookmaker in order to place an online bet. Once you have an account, you need to make a deposit so that you have a real money balance. Now comes the fun part of finding a bet where you feel you can back a winner and you tap on the odds before deciding on how much you want to stake.
How long does it take to sign up to Betting Sites?
The whole process of signing up to a betting site should take just a few minutes. It’s a simple case of entering some basic personal details and making sure that your ID can be verified by this operator. You should have a payment method at the ready so you can register a debit card or add an e-wallet method and you should then be able to start betting.
Do all betting sites offer mobile betting?
Yes, you can enjoy mobile betting with all the leading betting sites. The vast majority of bookmakers have a mobile-optimised site and in some cases, you can have a more dynamic betting experience betting through a mobile device rather than desktop. The same betting markets and odds appear on mobile sites and In-Play betting is also available.
What is the best betting app?
Each betting app is high quality and you can find them rated in the Apple Store or the Google Play Store. It generally follows that the best mobile betting sites also have the best betting apps on the basis that they largely function in the same way. You ultimately want a secure and reliable mobile app where you can place bets quickly and easily.
How do I claim my free bet offer?
To claim a free bet offer, you need to firstly sign up for a bookmaker account. You then need to make a deposit and follow the terms and conditions in order to leverage your free bet. The majority of free bets are available in the form of a deposit bonus where you will get a free bet once your first bet has been settled. You might need to place your qualifying bet at minimum odds and there could also be a turnover requirement.
Do I have to pay tax on my winnings?
No, you shouldn’t have to pay any tax on your winnings, provided that your sports betting is merely a recreational activity. You can go ahead and place bets without paying any tax on your stake or on your winnings, something which was previously in place when you used to visit a betting shop where there was a tax levied on your bets.
100% Profit Boost up to €100 on your First Two Bets18+ New customers only. Mobile Only. €10 minimum deposit activates 2 x 100% in-play profit boost. Maximum stake €25. Maximum extra...