Best UFC Betting Sites & Offers
UFC betting markets, offers, reviews & tips
Every online gambler deserves a safe and fair place to play. Our mission at Bookies.com is to create a safe online environment for players through free, impartial and independent reviews of the UK's best online gambling companies so that you can play with confidence and security. All ratings and reviews are made independently of the operator by our team of gaming experts and with every company being fully UK licensed they can be trusted to offer fair play. We accept compensation from the companies advertised on this page and this may affect the brand positioning. We endeavour to continuously update this list so we can bring you the most current sites and the best available offers but we cannot review every site in the market.Every online gambler deserves a safe and fair place to play. Our mission at Bookies.com is to create a safe online environment for players through free, impartial and independent reviews of the US's best online gambling companies so that you can play with confidence and security. All ratings and reviews are made independently of the operator by our team of gaming experts and with every company being fully US licensed they can be trusted to offer fair play. We accept compensation from the companies advertised on this page and this may affect the brand positioning. We endeavour to continuously update this list so we can bring you the most current sites and the best available offers but we cannot review every site in the market.
$10 Free on Sign-Up + 100% First Deposit Bonus up to $500
21+. T&Cs Apply.
Free Bet up to $500+21 Only |First bet matched up to $500. Free bet must be used within 30 days of first bet. Free bet amount is not included in any returns or winnings. Free bet is also not redeemable for cash, non-transferable, and non-refundable. Promo ends 12/31/18 | If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800 GAMBLER | NJ Only | Eligibility restrictions apply | See website for details
UFC Betting Sites
Scholars can trace a fascination with simulated combat back to the dawn of human society. Though it has taken many different forms over the years, among the most popular today is the sport of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA).
With roots going all the way back to Ancient Greece “pankration,” “No holds barred combat” was thrust back into the public consciousness with the debut of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in 1993.
A spectacle sideshow then, over the next 25 years the UFC grew into one of the most popular sports brands in the world, promoting hundreds of individual fights a year in nearly every continent, making it a global sport with betting odds offered in nearly every market and every country.
For the educated bettor, the UFC presents the most appetizing offering possible: a surplus of betting opportunities spread out over a seemingly endless number of markets and with as few variables as possible.
UFC Betting Online Explained
Unlike other sports, betting on the UFC fights is very straightforward. Each fight offers UFC bettors odds on who will win the fight and over/under for the length of the fight.
Beyond the moneyline betting and over/under betting, online sportsbooks will have a number of prop bets available to wager on for important UFC fights. Those will include Method of Victory props and Round the Fight Ends In props.
After especially big fights, some online sites may even release odds for future opponents of notable winners or losers from a recent event.
How to Bet on UFC Fights
Moneyline bets are by far the most common bets placed on UFC fights, in large part because they are so simple. In any fight there are three possible outcomes: Fighter A wins, Fighter B wins, or there is a Draw.
In the event of a draw, most online sportsbooks return the bet for straight bets, however, draws are rare in the UFC. More often than not, one fighter will win, and when they do, the bettors who wagered on him will collect their winnings.
Those winnings depend on the size of the odds on each fighter. Fighters favored to win will have a negative number next to their name, while underdogs will have a positive number. Negative odds mean bettors have to wager that much money to receive a $100 pay out whereas positive odds mean a bettor wins that much additional money if they wager $100.
For example: if a Favorite is -200 and the Underdog is +175, that means a $100 bet on the Favorite will only net the bettor $50, while a $100 bet on the Underdog would earn the bettor $175 on top of getting their original wager back.
UFC Betting Tips
One of the most appealing things about betting on the UFC is the number of variables gamblers have to consider.
In team sports, there can be dozens of different individuals to consider that can swing a game or bet, not to mention the impact that changes in the field or arena can have on any one of those players.
When betting on the UFC, gamblers only have to consider the two fighters standing across the cage from each other. That being said, there are a number of things to keep in mind when placing bets on UFC fights.
- Wrestling | Though MMA involves a number of different disciplines - boxing, muay thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Karate, etc. - none is more important that wrestling. The ability to control where the fight takes place and keep an opponent in a bad position or escape a bad position, has won countless fights. Not every fight will come down to who is the better wrestler. But when in doubt, pick the better wrestler.
- Cardio/Durability | The old adage “Fatigue makes cowards of us all” is never more appropriate than it is in the UFC. Fighting is a uniquely exhausting sport and sucking wind in the later rounds can quickly turn into taking a full-time butt-whooping. If a fight can end in any instant, having great cardio is like putting more bullets in your gun.
- Ring Rust | Unlike other sports, fighting is a full-time endeavor. However, if a fighter gets injured and is forced to sit out for a year or more, their first fight back is often a bit lackluster as they get back in the swing of things. Always be wary of betting on fighters coming off of long layoffs.
- Missing Weight | Because fighting is a combat sports, that means fighters compete in specific weight classes, and because large sums of money are involved, fighters often try to compete in weight classes that are too light for them so as to gain a size advantage. When a fighter blows weight, the fight goes on but the at fault fighter is fined 20 percent of his purse. He still gets to compete though and that added weight has historically proven to be highly beneficial.
Where to Bet on UFC Fights Online
Because the UFC is a global powerhouse, there is no shortage of places to bet on the UFC online. But not all sportsbooks were created equal.
Savvy UFC bettors should hunt around for a sportsbook that offers the most comprehensive odds possible so they can get the most bang for their buck. Bettors should also always check out multiple sportsbooks because not all sportsbooks use the same odds and some books may have better odds on some fights.
The most important thing for any UFC bettor though is that you find a sportsbook that you trust and that pays out tickets, no questions asked.
Top UFC Betting Markets
- Moneyline | a straight bet on the winner of the contest that pays out according to the odds on the fighter
- Over/Under | a bet on the duration of the fight; for example, if the Over/Under is 1.5 rounds, if the fight is stopped before 2:30 of the second round, the Under bet cashes otherwise, the Over bet cashes
- Method of Victory | a bet on how the fight will end, be it KO/TKO, Submission, or Decision; these bets can often be combined with picking a winning fighter as well, i.e.: “Fighter A wins by KO/TKO”
- Round the Fight Ends | a bet on the round the fight will end in, regardless of who wins; this prop is also frequently combined in parlay betting with picking a winning fighter as well, i.e. “Fighter A wins in Round 2”
- Points Handicap | One fighter is given a point spread for the fight, should the contest go to a decision; a stoppage victory automatically covers the spread for the fighter who wins