Best NBA Betting Sites & Offers
NBA betting markets, offers, reviews & tips
Every online gambler deserves a safe and fair place to play. Our mission at Bookies.com is to create a safe online environment for players through free, impartial and independent reviews of the UK's best online gambling companies so that you can play with confidence and security. All ratings and reviews are made independently of the operator by our team of gaming experts and with every company being fully UK licensed they can be trusted to offer fair play. We accept compensation from the companies advertised on this page and this may affect the brand positioning. We endeavour to continuously update this list so we can bring you the most current sites and the best available offers but we cannot review every site in the market.Every online gambler deserves a safe and fair place to play. Our mission at Bookies.com is to create a safe online environment for players through free, impartial and independent reviews of the US's best online gambling companies so that you can play with confidence and security. All ratings and reviews are made independently of the operator by our team of gaming experts and with every company being fully US licensed they can be trusted to offer fair play. We accept compensation from the companies advertised on this page and this may affect the brand positioning. We endeavour to continuously update this list so we can bring you the most current sites and the best available offers but we cannot review every site in the market.
$50 Bonus Bet & 2 Risk Free Bets up to $1,000
Only Available to Customers in NJ. 21+ Only. T&C's Apply
100% up to $250 First Deposit Match Bonus, Only 1x Wager
21+. T&C Apply
100% First Deposit Bonus up to $500 + $10 Free
21+| NJ Only | Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER | Full T&Cs apply
Free Bet up to $500
+21 Only |First bet matched up to $500. Free bet must be used within 30 days of first bet. Free bet amount is not included in any returns or winnings. Free bet is also not redeemable for cash, non-transferable, and non-refundable. Promo ends 12/31/18 | If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800 GAMBLER | NJ Only | Eligibility restrictions apply | See website for details
The NBA Finals are the culmination of a lengthy 16-team NBA postseason, pitting the champions of the Eastern Conference and Western Conference. The best-of-7 series typically offers many betting terrific opportunities, from game and series results to player props.
$50 Bonus Bet & 2 Risk Free Bets up to $1,000Only Available to Customers in NJ. 21+ Only. T&C's Apply
First Bet Match up to $25021+. Rules Apply. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler
NBA Betting Sites
With an average annual viewership of 58 million, NBA basketball is one of the biggest sports in the US. As a result, there’s always someone wanting to speculate on the outcome of a game. Naturally, the leading bookmakers are more than willing to oblige, with everything from preseason to NBA Finals betting.
Today, thanks to PASPA being overturned, NBA sports betting is set to become bigger than ever. We put together a handy guide to help you navigate the sometimes murky waters of the NBA betting world. Taking you through the basics and explaining key terms such as spreads, props and bonuses, our NBA betting tips should help you hit three-pointers each time you play online.
How to Bet on the NBA
One of the NBA’s defining features is the conference divisions. In total, there are 30 active teams, but this total is split in half. Therefore, 15 teams play in the Eastern Conference, while 15 play in the Western. Each conference has three divisions of five teams. After playing everyone in their division, teams take on teams in their own conference before competing with those in the opposing conference.
The top 16 rated teams then go into the NBA playoffs and compete in finals to determine the season winner. Overall, teams play 82 games, which means you’ll have plenty of opportunities to bet on the NBA. To give you an idea of how NBA online betting works, here’s a quick rundown of the options you’ll find on the leading platforms:
- Outrights/moneyline betting – These bets are one of the most general and require you to correctly pick either A or B. Outrights can refer to a specific game, X vs. Y player or they can be season-long propositions such as Z team will the NBA finals.
- Handicap Betting/point spread betting – Betting on individual games, you can speculate on a team winning or losing with a points advantage or disadvantage. Handicap/spread betting makes it easier/harder for any given team since they have to win by more than a set number of points. This, in turn, makes the odds more attractive.
- Over/under betting – If you want to bet on numerical totals, the leading NBA betting sites will offer over/under odds. These bets can focus on the number of points scored in a game, the number of free throws scored/missed, the number of fouls and more. Basically, if a number is attached to it, you can bet on the final total being more or less than a stated amount.
What to Consider When Making NBA Betting Picks
Professional basketball is a stats-driven game and anyone looking to their NBA best bets needs to know this. As a rule, you need to know who the best players and teams are. From this, you need to start looking a player’s/team’s percentages. For example, for an offensive player, you need to know their free throw percentage, the number of points per game they score, how many rebounds they hit and how often they assist a point.
The same goes for a team. By looking at win/loss percentages and points scored/conceded per game, you can get an idea of the favorites in certain scenarios. Once you know the numbers, you can start to look for trends. Maybe X team performs poorly against a certain type of opponent. Maybe Y player has more success at home than they do away.
Finally, once you’ve analyzed all the variables, you can set about finding the best odds. Using our NBA betting hub, you’ll not only get insights on how to bet but where to bet. From here, you can compare the top operators and find the best NBA betting odds for a variety of outcomes. Essentially, if you want to bet on the NBA, you have to become comfortable with numbers.
What are NBA Prop Bets?
In simple terms, NBA props are bets that say, “X will/won’t happen in Y game.” For example, you can make a prop bet on the Lakers to score first in a game against the Celtics. Similarly, you could wager money on LeBron James not making a three-point shot during a game. In fact, what’s great about NBA prop bets is that you can be even more specific.
So, instead of focusing on the whole game, you can look at individual quarters and even set periods within a quarter. Alternatively, you can take a longer view of the action and make props on things such as the top scoring team in a season, who the MVP will be and the team with the worst disciplinary record.
What Are the Best NBA Bets?
- Point Spreads – Basketball is a high-scoring game, so these bets are always popular.
- MVP Props – Tracking the stats of the top players is easy and the odds are always generous.
- Outrights – These are the easiest bets to make and perfect for NBA betting novices since you’re simply betting one team will beat another.
- In-Play Bets – Bet on various outcomes while the game is in progress. Because you get to watch the game, you can better assess how the action is flowing and, in theory, make better picks.
- Futures – Betting on the outcome of a season-long event, such as a certain team winning the finals, is a great way to find lucrative odds before the action starts each year.