Mr Green Sportsbook Review
Launched in 2007, the guys behind the Mr Green brand originally intended it to become the world’s biggest and best mobile casino platform. Flash forward to 2021, and not only has Mr Green succeeded in doing just that, earning a slew of industry accolades along the way, they even launched their very own sportsbook in 2016.
Today, the Mr Green brand spans multiple platforms, offering a full desktop casino, live dealer casino, mobile casino (including live dealer applications), and a sportsbook. The Mr Green brand (MRG Group) was purchased by William Hill in 2019.
Industry Awards Won:
- IGA 2017 Online Gaming operator of the Year
- IGA 2018 Socially Responsible Online of the Year
- IGA 2016 Mobile Operator of the Year
- EGR 2014 Highly commended Slots Operator
- IGA 2015 Online Casino operator of the Year
- IGA 2014 Online Casino Operator of the Year
- IGA 2013 Online Casino Operator of the Year
- EGR 2014 Casino Brand of the Year
- EGR 2012 Socially Responsible Operator of the Year
- EGR “Power 50” Influential Gaming Company
- INTERNETWORLD TOPP 100 Award 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
- Based in Malta
- Licenses: MGA (Malta Gaming Authority), UKGC (UK Gambling Commission)
- Full digital casino
- Live dealer casino
- Full sportsbook
- Live betting (In Play)
- Over 36 different sports
- Over 10,000 live events/markets each month
- 24/7 customer support
- Multiple bonuses and promotions
- Bet Builder feature
- Multiple award winning site
- Kambi sports betting platform
- Long list of software partners including NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Betsoft, Playtech, Microgaming + more
- Secure payment options including Visa, MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill, Paysafe Card, Interac + more
- Downloadable apps for both Android and iOS mobile devices
- Odds options: Decimal, Fractional, American
- Sign up and get two free bets worth $25 each to use on any sport that you like
Mr Green Welcome Bonus
Interestingly, Mr Green offers three different welcome bonus types, based on what your actual goals are with the site.
- If your primary goal is to play slots and some virtual casino games, then a Casino Welcome Bonus will give you 200 Free Spins and up to $1,200 as a cash deposit bonus.
- If you’re signing up primarily to play live dealer casino games, then you can collect a 100% deposit match up to $100.
- If your main aim for signing up with Mr Green is to bet on sports selections, than you can take advantage of two Free Bets worth $10 each,.
Focusing on Mr Green’s sportsbook free bet offer, this applies to anyone signing up for the first time in New Zealand. The offer is a true ‘free bet’ offer, in that there are no actual wagering requirements involved. Instead, new players need to sign up with Mr Green and then opt in before making their deposit.
To unlock up to $20 in free bets, new players will need to make a minimum bet of at least $20 on any sport they like at odds of no less that 1.80+. Once their bet is settled, they will be credited with the 50% free bet bonus. They can then repeat the process a second time to complete the free bet series.
Mr Green Sportsbook Betting Markets
Mr Green is perhaps best known for its coverage of football (soccer), which includes English Premier League, UEFA Champions League and Europa League, US Soccer, and a number of other European and global football tournaments. In addition, Mr Green sponsors Celtic FC, and is pushing hard to increase its overall presence within the world of international football.
However, Mr Green covers a number of popular markets, including basketball/NBA, tennis, NHL/Ice Hockey, baseball, UFC/MMA, boxing, golf, Esports, cricket, and a number of others. Overall, Mr Green does well with odds in certain markets, for example, average odds for football are around 93.2%, basketball around 94.0%, and tennis around 93.1%, with a general overall sportsbook odds total of around 93.45%.
The minimum bet that you can make at Mr Green is set at $/€0.10, with the maximum profit set at $/€100,000. Odds formats available include decimal, fractional and US, with additional bet options including Asian bets, Cards, and Corners. Bet services include Bet Builder, Request a Bet, Ask Trader, and Cash Out Full.
App & Site Experience
Overall, the design and layout of the Mr Green website is both attractive and practical. It’s worth noting that Mr Green features one of the most helpful and useful websites in the industry, and it is clear that they will bend over backwards to accommodate even the most novice casino gamer or sports bettor.
The general colour scheme of green and white is aesthetically very pleasing and it instantly conveys both a sense of elegance and professionalism, something that is often missing from the gambling industry.
Mr Green carries its design aesthetic across all of its platforms, including mobile app and mobile browser-level access. This creates a great sense of continuity throughout the brand.
The Mr Green sportsbook itself is well-designed and presented, and is one of the easier sports betting platforms to use for beginners. Various sports and markets are laid out very clearly, and getting to relevant events or odds is very easy.
Promotions are kept to a minimum and discreetly displayed, allowing for a betting platform that is neither crowded nor ‘busy’ feeling. Accessing your account features and customer support is achievable in just a few clicks of your mouse or taps of your finger, and the mobile apps for both Android and iOS devices can be downloaded by following a link on-site.
Mr Green does quite well when it comes to useful and secure payment options, although a few more added to the available selection wouldn’t hurt. That said, New Zealand sports bettors will find plenty of familiar options here, including e-Transfer, and Paysafe Card.
Overall, minimum deposits and withdrawals are in line with the industry, and you can make use of a variety of currencies, including CAD, EUR and GBP to make deposits and withdrawals. The following table demonstrates payment options, minimum and maximum amounts, handling times and currency options:
|Payment Method||Minimum Amount||Withdraw Time||Things to Look Out For|
|Visa||$10||24-28 hours||Times stated may be longer based on your bank or card provider|
|MasterCard||$10||24-28 hours||Times stated may be longer based on your bank or card provider|
|Paysafe Card||$10||24-28 hours||Mr Green charges 3/9% on Paysafe Card deposits|
New Zealanders looking for a solid all-rounder, that can easily cover all gambling interests including virtual casino, live casino, sportsbook and live sports betting, won’t go wrong with Mr Green. While the brand may not instantly be associated with sports betting, keep in mind that it now belongs to William Hill, a very well-known name in the sports betting world.
Mr Green Sports does well in terms of overall bet value, and their free bet welcome bonus offers great value for newcomers. This is largely due to the simple wagering terms and conditions, which are a lot better than many competitors.
While they might be a bit lightweight in certain areas such as payment options or exhaustive betting markets, keep in mind that these guys are still expanding into new areas. We feel confident that, within a short space of time, Mr Green will be right up there with all the big names in international sports betting.