Fanduel through it's daily fantasy offering has exploded in popularity and visibility in the last few years. They now bring a recognizable and trusted brand to New Jersey's legal sports betting market.
Recently acquired by the European gambling giant Paddy Power Betfair, they launched their online sportsbook in New Jersey in September 2018 and have been taking bets at their physical sportsbook located at The Meadowlands racetrack since July 2018.
FanDuel Review and Welcome Bonus Details
What’s FanDuel Like?
This longtime DFS provider continues its platform to join and create fantasy sports contests and make money flexing their sports knowledge. At FanDuel, you can create rosters made up of athletes from all the sports you’re following. Select contests that include the upcoming events happening in the most popular leagues, including the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, PGA and more. If you’re totally new to FanDuel, take advantage of its current welcome bonus. Register for a DFS account with FanDuel and receive a $5 bonus to get started.
We checked out how FanDuel measures up to the rest of the DFS providers out there today. Continue reading to see our review of all the features this DFS platform has to offer.
Pros and Cons
|Lots of sports available||Restricted in many states|
|Convenient banking||No support phone line|
|Beginners only contests|
Everything is quickly available from the site header, from all the sports to play DFS with to all you need to manage your account. The FanDuel site is a model for what any DFS site should be. With an intuitive and clean interface, the site is easy to use.
The mobile app offered by FanDuel provides the exact same functionality as the desktop site. Featuring all the same DFS contests and the ability to start your own competition, the app makes all of FanDuel’s DFS platform available to you.
Contest Types at FanDuel
FanDuel features various types of contests including the many you’ll find being offered at other DFS providers. Going on nearly ten years, FanDuel continues to innovate. They’ve released two types of contests, one for DFS beginners and another reserved for competition between friends. Below is a summary of each type of contest available to play at FanDuel:
- Tournaments: These contests have large numbers of players participating and features high paying guaranteed prize pools.
- Beat the Score: In these tournaments, the prize is evenly distributed amongst all the winners or, in other words, all who beat the score.
- Multipliers: These contests can double the money it took to buy-in. Depending on the type of multiplier, you could earn 2x, 10x the entry fee or even more.
- Head to Heads: In a head to head, you get to face off with another FanDuel player. Compete to see who has the better roster and the winner takes the entire prize.
- 3-100 Payers: With this type, you get to compete with a smaller number of players than you would in the tournaments. Plus, there are multiple payout structures.
- 50/50s: These contests will split the participants in half, with the players with a fantasy score in the top 50% winning the prize and the bottom half taking the loss.
- Satellites & qualifiers: Winning these tournament-style contests will earn you entry into another contest, often in a completely different sport than the original contest.
- Friends mode: With friends mode, you get to create a private league of your own where only players you know can join. This new type of contest can last a day or the entire season.
- Beginners only: FanDuel features contests that are meant for beginners only. They actually don’t even allow any experienced players to enter these contests.
Customer support can be contacted by email at email@example.com or by submitting a support ticket from the desktop site or mobile app. The desktop site also has a live chat feature that will connect you to the customer support team. Although the response time is quick, customer support is not available 24/7. Unfortunately, there is also no way to contact customer support by phone.
Payment and Banking
There is a convenient set of payment and banking options available for players at FanDuel. Use your credit card, debit card or a PayPal account. FanDuel accepts account deposits from all major credit cards and debit cards. It also accepts payments made through PayPal. FanDuel will also let you make withdrawals using PayPal. Otherwise, your account withdrawals can be received by mail in the form of a check.
FanDuel recognizes the risks associated with not being able to manage the way you play. Their DFS site features a section devoted to the importance of this issue and also has a self-exclusion feature to allow players abstain from DFS play. FanDuel also provides tools, such as deposit and play limits to better manage your play as well as parental controls protecting minors from using the site.
The DFS platform has released a couple forms of contests that you can play, including Beginners Mode and Friends Only. Two great new additions.
Although restricted from use in a number of states, it’s a great platform if you can use it. Both the site and mobile app continue to provide a stellar product to DFS fans out there.
|Payment Method||Deposit Amount||Withdrawal Amount||Withdraw Time|
|N/A||N/A||24 - 48 Hours|
|N/A||N/A||3 - 5 Business Days|
|N/A||N/A||5 - 7 Business Days|