• Bookies
  • NFL
  • NFL Picks
  • Super Bowl 56 MVP Odds, Picks & Long Shots To Back
Most Valuable Offer

$1,000 First Bet on Caesars

Visit site
21+, Terms and Conditions Apply

Super Bowl 56 MVP Odds, Picks & Long Shots To Back

Adam Thompson for Bookies.com

Adam Thompson  | 12 mins

Super Bowl 56 MVP Odds, Picks & Long Shots To Back

$1,000 First Bet on Caesars

Visit site
Used 59 Times Today
Popular in Virginia

There will be hundreds of Super Bowl betting options to choose from when the Big Game is played on Sunday, Feb. 13 at SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles. But annually, the most popular of them all has been the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player Award.

As the Los Angeles Rams and Cincinnati Bengals prepare to clash for the coveted Lombardi Trophy, there are dozens of players to choose from in Super Bowl MVP futures. If you back a player now on NFL betting markets, you could end up gaining value. After all, the NFL odds you see today might be better than the ones posted closer to kickoff.

Bookies.com NFL handicapper Adam Thompson breaks down the current field.

Super Bowl 56 MVP Odds

PlayerTeamMVP Odds
Matthew StaffordRams +100
Joe BurrowBengals +225
Cooper KuppRams +600
Aaron DonaldRams +1600
Ja'Marr ChaseRams +1800
Odell Beckham Jr.Bengals +2800
Cam AkersBengals +3500
Von MillerRams +4500
Tee HigginsBengals +4500
Joe MixonRams +4500
Sony MichelRams +8000
Tyler BoydRams +9000
Trent TaylorBengals +10000

Odds via DraftKings and subject to change.

Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets + A No Sweat SGP Every Day

Visit site
Used 59 Times Today

Who Wins Super Bowl MVPs?

It doesn’t just help to be on the winning team, it’s pretty much required at this point. Only once in 55 years has the Super Bowl MVP not played for the winning team. In 1971, Dallas Cowboys LB Chuck Howley took the honor despite his team’s Super Bowl V loss to the Colts.

Also, only once has there been co-MVPs due to a voting tie. That was back in Super Bowl 12, when Cowboys teammates Harvey Martin and Randy White shared the award.

In other words, it will very likely be a single player from the winning team. The Rams (-200 at DraftKings) are decent favorites to win the title over the Bengals (+170).

Not Always A QB Award

Not surprisingly, quarterbacks win a majority of Super Bowl MVP awards. But it’s not a monopoly. Of the 56 Super Bowl MVP awards (including the co-winners), QBs have won 31 times. That’s more than half, but that also means the voters are open to spreading the love.

Running backs and wide receivers have each won seven Super Bowl MVPs. Defensive players have 10 awards, led by four for linebackers. Even a special teamer won it once (Packers kick returner Desmond Howard).

$1,000 First Bet on Caesars

Visit site
Used 10 Times Today

Who Votes For The Super Bowl MVP?

Just 11 media members make up 80% of the Super Bowl MVP vote. The other 20% comes from fans watching the game. If you’ve ever seen the results of a Pro Bowl or All-Star Game vote, you know that adds a touch of popularity to the equation.

Super Bowl MVP Pick

Matthew Stafford is the favorite at betting sites and betting apps for a reason. He’s the QB on the team favored to win it. But the Rams also possess the most-dominant single receiver in the NFL. If half of Stafford’s stats go to Cooper Kupp, that limits his value.

Instead, flip the script and go with the QB on the underdog team. Joe Burrow’s numbers have been eye-popping the last seven games with 15 TDs and two INTs and a big 331 yards per game passing. With NFL futures odds better than 2-to-1 for a QB on a team that’s won the last six games Burrow has played, that is a value.

Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets + A No Sweat SGP Every Day

Visit site
Used 28 Times Today

Super Bowl MVP Long Shots To Back

Receivers win the Super Bowl MVP, too, and two of the game’s best are playing in this year’s Big Game. Kupp led the NFL in pretty much everything and is available at +600. Bengals rookie Ja’Marr Chase was nearly as good and is at +1800.

Each leads their team this postseason in targets, receptions, yards and TDs. Back both of them and root for volume. It won’t matter which team wins.

$1,500 Paid Back in Bonus Bets If You Don’t Win!

Visit site
Used 36 Times Today

About the Author

Adam Thompson for Bookies.com
Adam Thompson
NFL writer and expert Adam Thompson joined Bookies.com in 2019 after a successful run as senior handicapper for SportsLine and CBSSports.com. He's long been established as one of the nation's premier handicappers, specializing in the NFL where he's hit on more than 60% over the past three years. Adam's NBA, PGA and horse racing picks have also produced major winners over the last 12 months. His customized NFL and NBA odds for players and teams have been picked up by hundreds of websites over the past year.