Tiger Woods Prop Bets
Because of Tiger Woods’ continued popularity, sportsbooks always offer a huge number of Tiger Woods prop bets, especially for the four Major tournaments: The Masters, PGA Championship, US Open and British Open. Those bets are among the most popular with bettors and range from Greens in Regulation to playing in the final group on Sunday to whether he’ll make a hole in one or post the best round of the tournament.
Check back ahead of the 2020 Masters for the next wave of Tiger Woods prop bets. Until then, here’s a recap of his 2019 performances.
Tiger Woods British Open Prop Bets 2019
These were the top Tiger Woods British Open Prop bets in 2019 and how they turned out:
- Make the Cut (-430) | The right bet would have been to take Woods missing the cut at +280. He missed his 11th cut in 84 majors appearances and second major cut this year.
- Finish Top 10 (+225) | Woods hadn’t played since Pebble Beach, and the layoff should have refreshed a 43-year-old who was an excellent links golfer and had top-10s in three of his last five starts across the pond. Sadly, though, this bet never had a chance.
- Woods vs. Justin Rose (+100) | Rose easily too this bet just by making the cut, though his 8-over final round was worse than Tiger’s 7-over opening round.
- Low Round of the Tournament (+2000) | Eventual winner Shane Lowry took home this honor with a sizzling 8-under 73 in the third round to seize control of the tournament.
- Top Past Champion (+400) | This was an intriguing category, because it excluded some of the world’s top players such as Brooks Koepka and Dustin Johnson. However, it was 2018 champ Francesco Molinari who took the honors with a tie for 11th at -3.
- Win Round 1 Group (+125) | Well, this didn’t go well. He was matched up against Matt Wallace (+200) and Patrick Reed (+225), and both beat Woods. Reed finished the tournament in 10th at 4-under; Wallace ended in a tie for 51st at +3.
Check out: Bet365 welcome bonus and offers
Tiger Woods US Open Prop Bets 2019
These were the top Tiger Woods US Open Prop bets in 2019 and how they turned out:
- Over 10.5 Greens in Regulation Round 1 (+100) | Statistically the best on tour in this category, Woods was inconsistent with his irons and hit just nine of 18, making this bet a loser.
- Best 18-Hole Round Score (+1600) | Tiger’s 69 on Sunday was nice, but it couldn’t match the 65 posted by Justin Rose in Round 1 and Gary Woodland in Round 2.
- Lead After Round 3 (+1400) | That belonged to Woodland at -11, with Tiger nowhere near the lead.
- Play in the Final Group in Round 4 (+700) | By the time leaders Woodland and Rose teed off, Woods had been on the course two-and-a-half hours, making this bet a loser.
- Miss the Cut (+375) | Woods finished the second round in 40th place, well inside the cut line, so no dice here, either.
- Woods vs. Rory McIlroy (+135) | McIlroy defied his own meager history at Pebble, using two solid opening rounds to finish ninth—12 positions better than Woods. Ouch.
- Woods and Brooks Koepka to Both Finish Top 10 (+350) | Koepka did his part, finishing as runner-up, but the bet became a loser after Woods could manage only a tie for 21st.
- Either Woods or Dustin Johnson to Win (+425) | With Tiger finishing 21st and D.J. 35th, neither was in position to challenge Woodland at the end, making this bet a loser.
Tiger Woods PGA Championship Prop Bets 2019
These were the top Tiger Woods PGA Championship Prop bets in 2019 and how they turned out:
- Bogey-free Round 1(+2800) | By Hole 5 this bet was toast – and it was the beginning of the end for Woods, who bogeyed two more holes and double-bogeyed two others on the opening day.
- Best 18-hole round (+1400) | Woods failed to make the cut, making this bet a loser.
- Make the Cut (-770) | There was a ton of optimism for betting fans of Woods after his Masters’ win. But Tiger failed to make the cut … which made the next bet moot.
- Play in Final Group in Round 4 (+700) | See above. Anyone who bet on Tiger to succeed in anyway suffered in the wallet.
Tiger Woods Masters Prop Bets 2019
These were the top Tiger Woods Masters Prop bets in 2019 and how they turned out:
- Eagle in the Tournament – Yes (+100) or No (-137) | NO paid off as Woods failed to eagle in the tournament.
- Hole-in-One (+6600) | Did not cash.
- Final Score of 278 or Lower – Yes (+500) or No (-910) | Woods’ final-round 70 sealed the deal on a -13 275, rewarding the YES bettors.
- To Play in Final Group in Round 4 – Yes (+800) or No (-2000) | Buoyed off an incredible -5 in Round 3 – and a bleak weather forecast that forced groups of 3 off split tees, Tiger played in Sunday’s final group, and that paid +800 to those smart enough to back that bet.
- Total Birdies – Over 15.5 (+100) or Under 15.5 (-137) | Woods secured the over with his birdie on No. 16 in Round 3 and kept on going, finishing with a whopping 22 birdies.