NFL Week 1 with SI’s Andrew Brandt, College Football Week 2
Deposit $250, Get $250 in Free Bets. Promo Code: BOOKIESNJ
What’s better than football? More football! And Brant James and Ryan Butler are getting a heaping helping of it.
Our intrepid cohosts interview Sports Illustrated Writer/Villanova Professor/Former Green Bay Packers Vice President Andrew Brandt about the state of the NFL (and gambling) heading into the season opener, then give their "hot" picks on the Week 1 games. Later Ryan goes down a list of college football bets, all of which you should fade (and fade heavy).
All that, plus #OddBet and a much-needed debate over the best ice cream flavors because, you know, sports gambling.
Badder Beats Episode 43
|Where Can You Listen to Badder Beats Episode 43?|
|Spotify Listen Here|
|Soundcloud Listen Here|
|iTunes Listen Here|
EPISODE 43 TIME STAMPS
- The co-hosts recap a (surprisingly) successful list of Week 1 college football picks (including a big rebuttal to Ryan’s “Florida Theory”).
- Brant introduces the multi-talented Andrew Brandt, whose list of accomplishments in and outside the NFL is long enough to fit a separate podcast all its own.
- As we start the 2019 NFL season it’s not too late to look to upcoming seasons, where upon we’re facing multiple big challenges over the looming end to the collective bargaining agreement.
- How do early retirements (especially in the wake of Andrew Luck) affect not just the NFL but the gambling ramifications going forward.
- Starting with fantasy, Andrew explains how “soft” gambling helped fuel the league’s growth and (slowly) pushes the league toward “hard” gambling.
- How do players feel about the undetermined billions dollars set to enter the league?
- We begin our “analysis” by talking the opener to the 2019 season: Packers at Bears.
- Brant talks up Bills – Jets. Just kidding. Nobody wants to hear that. Instead, our hosts go over another “saddest game ever” between the Colts and Chargers.
- Ryan slurps the Cleveland Browns neon orange Kool-Aid and explains why he likes them to win big over the Titans.
- Kansas City is only favored by 3.5 over Jacksonville. That’s a mistake right? Right??
- Ryan makes a homer pick, taking the Buccaneers over the 49ers. A riveting conversation about Northern California weather patterns ensues.
- Slow-starting New England is giving 5.5 to Pittsburgh. Both Brant and Ryan agree there’s no way the Patriots cover, which (of course) means they’ll blow the Steelers out.
- Ryan gives you a host of college football picks you need to fade.
- Brant goes against his beloved alma mater, taking Missouri -14 against West Virginia.
- Who does Ryan have for Super Bowl LIV?
Interview with Andrew Brandt
NFL Week 1 Betting Preview
|Where to Find Episode 43 on Social Media|
|Badder Beats on Instagram|
|Badder Beats on Twitter|
|Brant James on Twitter|
|Ryan Butler on Twitter|
|Andrew Brandt on Twitter|