NFL Week 16 Survivor Pool Pick: This Team Had Wakeup Call
NFL Survivor Pools have exploded in popularity, and at levels for all kinds of fans, from family pools to those with thousands of dollars in cash prizes on the line.
The simple nature of it is a major draw for NFL betting fans: Survivor Pools entail picking one team to win each week, but never picking the same team twice.
It's not how much your team wins by in a Survivor Pool. Simply, it's about picking a winner and moving on — and sometimes saving the biggest favorite for a future week.
Here is the pick for Week 16:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers over Detroit Lions
The Buccaneers trailed 17-0 at the Falcons on Sunday, but woke up for the second half, outscoring Atlanta 31-10 after the break for the win.
Consider that a wakeup call as they the Bucs hit the road again to face the Lions. They should be focused on starting a lot better.
Matthew Stafford is a great player, but he can’t play defense. Detroit is equally poor against the pass and the run and is allowing a ridiculous 37 points per game the last four weeks. With rugged RB Ronald Jones expected back for Tampa, the Buccaneers should get plenty of scoring opportunities.
Stafford was clearly ailing in Detroit’s 46-25 loss to the Titans on Sunday. Couple that with rookie RB D’Andre Swift facing the NFL’s top-ranked run D, the Lions are going to struggle to keep up. Especially as the Bucs are motivated to clinch a postseason berth with the pesky Falcons awaiting a rematch in Week 17.
Other Week 16 contenders:
Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens made short work of the Jaguars last week and appear to be regaining their form for the postseason. Week 17 they face the downtrodden Bengals, which makes them worth saving; they could be playing for their postseason lives.
Buffalo Bills:The Bills are looking great and the Patriots are not, but perhaps with the pressure off of both sides, Buffalo suffers a letdown and Pats show some mettle.
- Week 1: New England Patriots — WIN
- Week 2: San Francisco 49ers — WIN
- Week 3: Indianapolis Colts — WIN
- Week 4: Los Angeles Rams — WIN
- Week 5: Dallas Cowboys — WIN
- Week 6: Miami Dolphins — WIN
- Week 7: Los Angeles Chargers — WIN
- Week 8: Kansas City Chiefs — WIN
- Week 9: Arizona Cardinals — LOSS
- Week 10: Green Bay Packers — WIN
- Week 11: Pittsburgh Steelers — WIN
- Week 12: Cleveland Browns — WIN
- Week 13: Las Vegas Raiders — WIN
- Week 14: Seattle Seahawks — WIN
- Week 15: Tennessee Titans — WIN