NFL Week 17 Survivor Pool Pick: Team With Playoffs at Stake
NFL survivor pools have exploded in popularity, and at levels for all kinds of fans, from family pools to those with thousands of dollars in cash prizes on the line. The simple nature of it is a major draw for NFL betting fans: Survivor pools entail picking one team to win each week, but never picking the same team twice.
It's not how much your team wins by in a survivor pool. Simply, it's about picking a winner and moving on -- and sometimes saving the biggest favorite for a future week. We are 15-1 this season, the lone loss coming in Week 9 when the Arizona Cardinals allowed 10 unanswered fourth-quarter points in a 34-31 loss to the Dolphins. Here is the final pick of the regular season, the pick for Week 17:
The Ravens were expected to challenge the Chiefs for supremacy in the AFC this season. Instead, Baltimore needs a win in its regular-season finale to get into the postseason.
But Baltimore has been solid overall. A 10-5 record is good and the Ravens are getting hot at the right time, rebounding from a three-game losing slide to win four straight. Three of those victories were by at least two TDs.
The Bengals (4-10-1) have shown heart with consecutive victories. But clearly motivation is in the corner of the Ravens. And so is talent – Baltimore handled Cincy 27-3 earlier this year, and that was when Joe Burrow and Joe Mixon were leading the Bengals offense. They’re both out injured now.
Expect the Ravens to clinch that playoff berth and the Bengals to put health over pulling a shocking upset on the priority scale.
Other Week 17 contenders:
New Orleans Saints: The Saints remain in contention for the No. 1 overall seed in the NFC. But the Panthers, though they have nothing to play for, have been pesky all season.
Minnesota Vikings: The Lions are in a bad spot overall, but neither team has much more than pride on the line. The Vikings might be just as deflated coming off a season-crushing loss to the Bears.
- Week 1: New England Patriots — WIN
- Week 2: San Francisco 49ers — WIN
- Week 3: Indianapolis Colts — WIN
- Week 4: Los Angeles Rams — WIN
- Week 5: Dallas Cowboys — WIN
- Week 6: Miami Dolphins — WIN
- Week 7: Los Angeles Chargers — WIN
- Week 8: Kansas City Chiefs — WIN
- Week 9: Arizona Cardinals — LOSS
- Week 10: Green Bay Packers — WIN
- Week 11: Pittsburgh Steelers — WIN
- Week 12: Cleveland Browns — WIN
- Week 13: Las Vegas Raiders — WIN
- Week 14: Seattle Seahawks — WIN
- Week 15: Tennessee Titans — WIN
- Week 16: Tampa Bay Buccaneers — WIN