DraftKings Sportsbook, one of the best-known legal online sportsbooks, is now live and part of the Ontario sports betting scene. To avid Canadian sports bettors, DraftKings is already a household name, but now they have the chance to actually experience all that DraftKings offers. And as the saying goes, it's one thing to see it and another to experience it.
What does DraftKings Ontario offer? For one, great user-experience and terrific betting markets, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. After all, this is DraftKings - they know a little about sports betting. In the U.S. market, the only sportsbook to launch before DraftKings was rival FanDuel. That rivalry has kept DraftKings on its toes, which has benefited sports bettors.
There's plenty to like about DraftKings Ontario, there's no doubt about that. Don't believe us? Read on because in this DraftKings Ontario sportsbook review we'll break it all down with a deep dive into the site, desktop and mobile platforms and services. Let's get started reviewing what is one of the best Canadian sportsbooks!
|Bet Now|| |
Must be 19+ to participate. T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
DraftKings Sportsbook Ontario Review & Launch Details
|🥇 Best For||Mobile Betting Market Selection|
|📲 DraftKings Sportsbook App Ontario||iOS (⭐ 4.8) / Android (⭐ 4.6)|
|🏀 Available Sports||Hockey and NHL betting, Football, Basketball, Baseball, Soccer, Tennis, Golf, UFC/MMA betting and more|
|💳 Minimum Deposit||$20|
|⌚️ Withdrawal Time||Up to 3 days|
|🖊️ Who is Eligible||19+ located in Ontario|
|✔️ Licenced By||Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario & iGaming Ontario|
Top Features at DraftKings Betting Site
Whether you are a beginner or experienced bettor, navigating through DraftKings Sportsbook is simple, easy, and straightforward. It won't take long before you're familiar with where everything is and how it all works. The design, layout, features, and wealth of information contained within its pages make it one of the most approachable, user-friendly books in the business.
The user experience on desktop is also very comparable to UX on the app, which is an important, yet overlooked aspect. Why? Humans are creators of habit. We like things the way we like them. We don't like wasting time trying to find odds. Time is of the essence in sports betting and here's why: If it takes you too long to find the line you're looking for, the odds might have changed!
Tons of Sports Betting Options
Bettors won't feel shortchanged. The selection of sports is extensive and includes all major American sports such as NFL, NCAAF, NBA, NCAAB, NHL, MLB, MLS. There is also handball, darts, Aussie rules football, cricket, Russian and Swedish hockey markets, lacrosse, table tennis and volleyball, cycling, and much more.
Mobile Apps (iOS and Android)
DraftKings mobile apps are available for iOS and Android devices. Just like the desktop version of DraftKings, its mobile app equivalent is robust, user-friendly, and easy to navigate. Bettors can quickly find sports and bets are just a few taps away. When you open the app, the black and white interface, along with its signature green accents, makes everything stand out. It's really hard to miss what you're looking for. The latest promos are displayed in big blocks at the top and it's easy to navigate through each sport on a scroll bar.
20% Deposit Bonus up to $1,000
How to Sign Up for DraftKings Sportsbook ON
Getting started is quick and easy. Simply sign up with a valid email and by creating a username and password. Additional personal information including name, country, address, province and date of birth are required to complete the process. Then, you're all set.
Bet Types Available
Bettors are embarrassed for choice when it comes to the bet types available with DraftKings from the standard options available at most sportsbooks to a bevy of bets specific to various sports.
- Point spreads: The point spread is one of the most popular bet types. Sportsbooks assign a total number of points (the point spread) that they believe the favorite will "cover" by, in other words, the final point differential. Bettors bet on which team they think will "cover." For example, the Los Angeles Rams closed as the -4 favorite to win Super Bowl LVI over the Cincinnati Bengals. This means, sportsbooks expected the Rams to win by four points or more. Tale told, bettors that bet on the Rams to cover at -4 lost the bet because the Rams won by three points only in the 23-20 victory. In this case, the Bengals covered as the 4-point underdogs.
- Moneyline: The moneyline bet is the simplest type of bet. Bettors are simply betting on which side they believe will win the game or match in question. Using the same example from above, the Rams were around -170 moneyline favorites in Super Bowl 56, which means you'd need to bet $170 to win $100. Conversely, if you bet $100 on the Bengals at +260, you stood to win $260 if they won. Alas, they didn't and bettors holding Bengals tickets threw them in the trash. You can also bet moneylines on each half or quarter of a football, or basketball game, in addition to betting live moneylines.
- Totals: Also known as the over/under, the total is usually tied to the number of points that will be scored in a game. Bettors simply bet on whether the outcome will go over or under the number set by the sportsbook. An example might be a game between the Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees with a runs total set at 8.5. If the Blue Jays win, 9-4, that's an easy win for the over. Totals odds are weighted toward what the sportsbook believes is most likely to happen, as well as on which side it has taken the most bets. In that example, the over/under of 8.5 might be shaded toward the over at -160, while the under might be +210.
- Parlays: This isn't a bet for beginners or the fainthearted. At the crux of it, a parlay bet strings together a number of bets in one single wager. For example, a bettor can bet on three different games and select the winner in each of those and place it in a three-team parlay. For the bet to win, every single wager in the parlay must come through. These bets command high payouts but are tough to hit. A typical three-team parlay offers 6-1 odds, which means if you bet $10, you'd win $60. You can see why they are so popular: the chance at a huge payout with little monetary risk.
- Props (player, team, game): Prop bets offer bettors alternative betting options that go beyond betting on games and their outcomes. Proposition bets (or props) can be anything, from betting on the performance of players and/or teams to various random events regarding the game and beyond. For instance, betting on the number of touchdowns Josh Allen will throw in a game, or which team will score first, are examples of common prop bets.
- Futures: A futures bet is a bet made in advance on the outcome of a tournament, competition or league. For example, bettors can bet now on Super Bowl LVII, well before the season gets underway in September. If you're a Bills fan, it might be worth betting them to win Super Bowl 57 now. Why? Because what if they start the season 12-0? Those Super Bowl odds are going to be a lot shorter, and thus, you'll win less money on the same bet. NFL futures are the most popular, though all sports have extensive future markets.
|Bet Now|| |
Must be 19+ to participate. T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
Sports Markets Offered by DraftKings Ontario
The sport markets, otherwise known as sports and sporting events, available with Ontario DraftKings sportsbook is comprehensive. Bettors will find an A-Z guide of all that the sportsbook has to offer, including:
- Aussie rules football
- College Basketball
- Football (NFL, NCAAF, CFL, XFL)
- Hockey (NHL, NCAA Hockey)
- Lacrosse, MMA (UFC)
- Motor Sports (NASCAR, F1)
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Soccer (MLS, Top European Leagues, Champions League, World Cup)
- Table Tennis
- Winter Sports
DraftKings Ontario vs. Other SportsbooksDraftKings Ontario is one of the best options for Ontario sports bettors. Here's how it stacks up against rivals like FanDuel Ontario and Caesars Ontario.
- Juice: The "juice" or "vig" is the price of doing business. It's not free to place a wager. After all, just like a restaurant, this is a service industry. They are doing the service of offering a safe and legal place to wager on games. A game with standard -110 odds mean a bettor must bet $110 to win $100. DraftKings is comparable with most top-rated sportsbooks that offer the standard juice of -110 with popular bets (point spreads and totals) on mainstream sports such as NFL, NBA, NCAAF, and more.
- Quality of odds: The "hold" is the percentage of money a book makes off a bet. The hold derives from the "juice." For instance, if the Oilers are -160 against the Canucks (+130), that means the Oilers have a 61.5% implied win probability. Conversely, the Canucks' implied win probability is 43.5%. Added up that number is 105%, which means the book's "hold" is 5% on this wager. DraftKings may charge a little more for moneyline bets and futures wagers compared to other operators. This isn't a hard-fast rule and will depend on the sport in question. For example, a bettor might find the Toronto Raptors priced at -195 to win over the Orlando Magic at DraftKings, but at another sportsbook the Raptors moneyline price might be at -190.
|Bet Now|| |
Must be 19+ to participate. T&Cs Apply. Play Responsibly.
Bet with the Ontario DraftKings Sportsbook App
Ontario mobile sports betting is essential when it comes to choosing a sportsbook. A poor experience on an app when trying to place a bet is frustrating and will likely cause a bettor to never come back. You don't need to worry about that with the DraftKings sportsbook app Ontario. It not only meets, but exceeds the public's mobile needs, allowing sports bettors to consume all their sports betting thrills seamlessly.
Positives of the App
- Available for both iOS and Android platforms. Users can find the Ontario DraftKings app in their mobile app stores or Google Play store. As well, they can download it directly from the website.
- Impressive Interface: The app's interface is impressive. It is sleek and polished in design with a black backdrop and content that appears in the sportsbook's trademark green and white font.
- User-Friendly: The app is user-friendly and navigating through the different sections is straightforward. The layout makes it easy to move between sports, events and bet types. Handy menus and tabs are on hand, orderly and easy to scroll through.
- Reliable: With its cutting-edge infrastructure, sleek user-interface and top-notch data provider, the app practically guarantees no downtime, lag issues or technical headaches that might plague other sportsbooks. It runs flawlessly and seamlessly at all times of the day.
Negatives of the App
- Must sign in to view or use: Unlike the sportsbook's mobile-ready website, which is easily accessible online and open for viewing, users must sign in to the app before they can peruse through the various pages/sections. There is an option to make it a much easier process with facial recognition technology and the good news is two-factor authentication makes sure it's really you trying to sign in.
- No live chat: While many issues can be resolved by contacting customer support via email, waiting for a response can be less than ideal in certain situations that might require quick action. Having a live chat that is available 24/7 and 365 days of the year would be handy. That being said, customer support seems to be an area that a lot of sportsbooks can improve on. Our money on it getting better with time.
Download DraftKings Ontario Betting App
The app is accessible on all mobile devices (Android and IOS). The DraftKings website is mobile-ready, meaning users can access the sportsbook using a mobile web browser. The site adapts dynamically to the screen size. Alternatively, DraftKings offers dedicated iOS and Android apps that users can download to their mobile devices from the corresponding mobile app store (App store or Google Play).
|⭐ Apple App Store Score||4.8|
|⭐ Google Play Score||4.6|
iOS DraftKings Ontario App Review
🗣️ "Absolutely love the layout, menus and how easy it is to move through the sections and place bets"
🗣️ "Too many ads that pop up from time to time, makes it distracting"
Android DraftKings Ontario App Review
🗣️ "I like the sleek interface with the dark background and light font that is visually appealing on smaller mobile devices"
🗣️ "Reliable! The mobile app works efficiently without any downtime or crashing issues"
🗣️ "The absence of instant customer support such as live chat is one area of improvement that hopefully gets solved soon"
Software at DraftKings Sportsbook ON, Canada
DraftKings Ontario Sportsbook is among the best sites for sports betting and daily fantasy sports using the latest technology which is fast, secure and reliable.
The user experience is seamless for new bettors and seasoned pros alike. The interface on both the website platform and the robust app is slick, modern and cool. Set against a dark backdrop with content that is showcased in white and green font, it offers all the mod cons today’s bettors expect from the best sportsbooks in Ontario, including live betting.
Navigation is straightforward with handy menus and tabs that make it effortless to find the sport you’d like to bet on. Although the site doesn't offer a search bar, it makes up for it with a handy A-Z drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the screen that showcases the site's comprehensive range of sports and events that are available at any specific point in time.
The website is furnished with a ton of additional information and the sheer range of betting options is second to none. Placing wagers couldn’t be any easier. Just a few taps and your bets appear in a handy bet slip on the right-hand side of the screen.
Banking Options for DraftKings Ontario Users
DraftKings customers in Ontario can use a variety of deposit and withdrawal options that will make the process of funding an account or requesting a payout easy and hassle-free. Popular deposit methods include credit card, direct deposit, debit card, wire transfers, casino cage and a variety of e-wallet options. Similarly, withdrawals can be made via online banking transfers, cheque and e-wallet options.
We love the low minimum deposit of $5, while the maximum daily deposit is $2,000 for most accounts. This depends on your method and you can contact DraftKings to inquire about a higher deposit limit. In terms of withdrawals, if you have your bank account linked, we've noticed it usually takes about 24-48 hours to process a request and about 1-3 days for it to hit your bank account.
This is about on par with the rest of the industry, though it's one thing that we'd like DraftKings to improve on, as some books are a little quicker with payouts. That said, it beat haggling with offshore books, who often take months to payout and stall hoping that you just burn through your money before they need to send a check.
DraftKings Ontario Payout Options
|💳 DraftKings Online Banking Withdrawal Time||1-3 Business Days|
|💳 DraftKings Skrill Withdrawal Time||Instantly at Participating ATMs|
|💳 DraftKings Paynearme Withdrawal Time||Same Day|
Safety & Security
DraftKings Ontario uses the latest encryption software to protect its customers and their personal details. The site uses certain providers to enhance your protection, such as ThreatMetrix, which provides threat detection, user authentication, and fraud prevention services. In addition, DraftKings uses geolocation software to ensure that mobile bettors remain within provincial borders.
Overall, users can be confident that the site is safe and secure. That said, it's always recommended that you create a strong password and never share your information with anyone. If you are accessing your account via a mobile app or web browser, it's recommended that you activate the extra security measures that are provided by your mobile phone or device, such as face recognition and two-step authentication.
Contact DraftKings Sports Ontario
DraftKings Ontario offers several customer support options, although none are available 24/7. There is no dedicated phone line for customer service listed on the site. The site recommends submitting a support request (web form) through its website for the fastest help. A link to the support request page is found in the DraftKings Help Center.
Additionally, a green support button on the bottom right-hand corner of the Help Center page opens a chat window that connects users to a bot. The bot is limited and offers generic responses. In the case of more complex issues, the bot runs out of ideas and users are prompted to leave a message. Obviously, this can be extremely frustrating and can create extended wait times.
Alternatively, the Help Center offers a wide range of articles that could resolve certain questions without the need for customer support. Just go into the help and contact area of the website for more details regarding the site's customer support services.
Hits & Misses at DraftKings Sportsbook Online
|Great Live Betting|
|Slick mobile app|
|Great user experience|
|Odds sometimes worse than competitors|
|No 24/7 customer service|
DraftKings Ontario Online Casino
DraftKings Ontario online casino offers an impressive array of games from the industry's leading developers such as NetEnt and IGT. Users can place sports bets in the sportsbook or play in the casino from the same account, making it easy to flit between the two platforms. In the casino lobby, users can find a raft of slot games, video poker, jackpots, variety games and virtual sports. As well, most of the popular casino games are available, including blackjack and craps, along with several live dealer games. The Ontario online casino space is packed with competitors, ensuring a great product at DraftKings Ontario.
Our Final Verdict of DraftKings Sportbook Ontario
DraftKings Ontario is among the best Ontario betting sites and sets the bar high for its competitors. The comprehensive sport betting markets, wide selection of bet types, slick and modern interface, security features and loads of other cool mod cons that can be accessed via desktop or mobile device makes it a nice addition to Ontario online sportsbooks. What's more, we love the low minimum deposit and withdrawing your winnings is very straight forward and seamless.
Sports betting is fun, but it can be addictive, so it’s important to remember to play responsibly. The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario is committed to helping Ontarians understand the importance of responsible gaming. Here are a few tips to help promote responsible gaming:
Always bet what you can afford (or less) to lose
Avoid “chasing” your losses (i.e. betting more on the next game)
Set time limits on your gambling
Every sportsbook offers bettors the ability to put themselves on a self-exclusion list, which will prevent them from betting for a period of time. What’s more, Connex Ontario is committed to helping with mental health, addiction and problem gambling. If you, or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-866-531-2600 or visit https://www.connexontario.ca/en-ca/.
DraftKings Sportsbook Ontario FAQ
Is DraftKings Ontario Sportsbook legal in Ontario?
DraftKings Ontario betting site and app is now live in Ontario. Both the DraftKings Ontario sportsbook and online casino are available for download in the App Store and Google Play Store.
How to sign up on the DraftKings Ontario Sportsbook App?
Signing up is easy and straightforward where the sportsbook is legal and currently operates. Users need to use a valid email upon signing up and create a username and password. Additional personal information will be required such as name, address, province and country.
Can I Play Daily Fantasy Sports with DraftKings Ontario?
No, DraftKings has stopped offering daily fantasy sports in Ontario due to high licensing fees attached to fantasy sports by iGaming Ontario, as well as the fact that the international pool isn't available to players in the province. Players from Ontario can only play against other Ontario residents in DFS tournaments.
Is there a DraftKings Ontario Betting app?
Yes, the DraftKings Ontario app that is available for iOS and Android users and can be easily downloaded from the corresponding mobile app store. Alternatively, the website is optimized for mobile devices and users can easily access the site on their mobile web browser.