Claim Your William Hill Bonus Using our Promo Code
The William Hill Sportsbook is available to anyone who is 21 or older and physically located in Tennessee, Virginia, New Jersey, West Virginia, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan and Nevada. Some of the key features available to users of the William Hill mobile app include live game betting with in-play betting, flexible odds formats and convenient banking methods.
New customers who join William Hill through our site get to take advantage of a special welcome bonus: a $500 risk-free bet. This promotion is valid through July 31st, 2021 and must be used within seven calendar days from the date it is awarded or it will expire.
Get a $500 Risk Free Bet
William Hill Sportsbook Review
Launched in 1934, William Hill had already grown into a top-notch operator in the European market when it stepped on to the United States stage in 2012 as three smaller sportsbook operators united under the William Hill brand. It has since expanded to nine states after the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act was overturned in May 2018, opening the door to legal sports betting across the US.
William Hill US retail and online sportsbooks will be rebranded to Caesars after the company acquired William Hill in a $3.7 billion sale finalized on April 22, 2021. Aside from the name change, the product should stay much the same. And that's great news for players, as William Hill consistently delivers a strong sports betting experience with great promotions for new customers. Potential enhancements under the new brand may include a customer loyalty rewards program that Caesars currently offers and William Hill does not.
|New-customer promotion||Currently no loyalty program|
|Clean, user-friendly desktop and mobile app||Minimal promotions|
|An established and trustworthy operator||Some expensive promotions and some are contingent upon a winning wager|
William Hill Review Summary
William Hill seamlessly brought its established European sportsbook across the pond for United States customers, and what it provides those customers speaks to why William Hill resides in the top echelon of online sportsbooks available in America. Its catalog of markets, bet types, odds boosts and current availability in a growing swath of states are a few reasons why WH sportsbook is consistently competitive. Its quality product isn't limited to sports betting either, as it embraces online casino and horse racing, too. This is a sportsbook sure to appeal to bettors of all levels.
William Hill Online Sportsbook
Founded overseas a mere three decades into the 20th Century, William Hill became a global online bookie that flourished in the United States and solidified its market position once U.S. sports betting was legalized across the country in 2018. William Hill operates over 100 race and sportsbooks in Nevada and has extended its reach to over a dozen states in some form of online or retail sports betting.
William Hill Sportsbook Promo Code
William Hill welcomes new customers with a risk-free first bet up to $500. Your first wager placed will count toward this promotion. Should that bet lose, William Hill will credit your account with bonus funds equal to the amount you wagered, up to $500. Customers have seven days from account creation to participate in this welcome offer. Check out the William Hill Promo page for complete details.
Registering at William Hill
William Hill sports betting account registration is convenient for new customers to sign up through a three-step process. To create your account, select “Sign Up” from the home screen on a desktop or mobile app. Next, new customers will go through the process:
- Account Information | Enter first and last name as it appears on your photo ID, email address, date of birth, phone number
- Personal Information | physical address and Social Security number; create account username and password; select and answer two security questions
- Enter promo code | Use current code to collect your welcome offer
- Submit your account registration
Once your identity is confirmed, you’ll be sent to the homepage where you can make an initial deposit of a minimum of $20 at any time. Remember to deposit and use the new customer welcome promotion within seven days of creating your account. Registering at the William Hill sports betting site should take only a few minutes if you have all the necessary information readily available.
William Hill Sports Betting
As one of the top betting sites, William Hill offers an extensive catalog of American and international sports markets with the full range of bets, including moneylines, point spreads, totals, alternate point spreads and totals, game props and player props. William Hill also includes an Odds Boost option. William Hill sportsbook markets include the following popular options:
It also offers international leagues and more niche sports:
- Aussie Rules
- Ice hockey
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
Prop bets for betting through the William Hill sportsbook are extensive and available across games in the four major sports leagues as well as soccer, golf and more. To access and browse these options for any league, click on the game.
The William Hill sports betting site on a desktop has a smooth layout with simple navigation that is easy on the eyes. League options are categorized on the left, with contest options in the center and your bet slip on the right. Once a wager is placed, customers can toggle between the bet slip and open bets while staying on the main screen. William Hill displays tabs for promotions, odds format (American, decimal, fractional), sportsbook state, support and Responsible Gaming across the top of the screen, along with a “search” field.
The bet slip on the desktop sportsbook doesn’t move if you scroll down a page, which is inconvenient if you add another bet to your slip after you’ve scrolled it out of view. It won’t appear until you get back near the top of the page. William Hill provides a “back to top” button at the bottom of pages but could make the bet slip sticky, so customers can see their bet added to the slip no matter how far down a page they are when the bet is placed.
|Betting Interface:||Very User-Friendly|
|Betting App:||Yes. "William Hill Sportsbook" on Apple and Android|
|Live Sports Betting:||Yes|
|Live Sports Streaming:||Yes. Gamecast not live video|
Mobile App Experience
The William Hill sportsbook app is like the desktop interface, which makes it simple to navigate. Customers can manually scroll through all of William Hill's promotions and featured bets that are displayed below the main tabs. This list also will automatically scroll unless manually accessed by the customer. Across the bottom of the William Hill sportsbook app are tabs for "sports," "promos" and "bets," which is your bet slip and to check your active and settled wagers. Rounding out the options is an "all sports" option to manually search sports.
The William Hill sports betting app is available for download for iOS and Android. On an iPhone, visit the App Store and search "William Hill sportsbook." Android users can download the app through Google Play. Legal sports betting apps, however, have not yet launched for every state in the Google Play Store. If this is the case in your state, visit williamhill.com/us/android-download-instructions and select your state from the dropdown menu then click "download."
Once the app has been downloaded on either iPhone or Android, select "Sign Up" from the home screen. Mobile app registration will induce the same process as desktop, and you'll be required to provide the same information to create an account.
William Hill GeoComply
William Hill uses GeoComply for desktop and mobile sports betting to ensure customers are within a legal area to place wagers through the operator's sportsbook. This software for desktop must be downloaded to a computer before wagers can be placed. GeoComply is used for location confirmation to detect VPN location fraud. The William Hill sportsbook on desktop and mobile app is available for anyone to browse, but a person must be located within a legal state of operation to bet on the site or app.
Once your William Hill sportsbook account has been created, there will be a button on the homepage when using the desktop version to download GeoComply. After the download and installation are complete, you'll have access to place bets. On your mobile device, enable location services for the William Hill sportsbook app and choose "precise location."
Quality of the Odds
William Hill sportsbook presents competitive odds across all its sports markets. Juice on lines is commonly -110, but it sometimes will tick down to -105 before the point spreads or totals change. Juiced down lines on player and game props also can hover around even money (+100). The William Hill online sportsbook has look-ahead or next-day lines available the evening before games, providing bettors a head start on William Hill odds.
William Hill sports betting brings great features that enhance the wagering experience with this operator.
Along with extensive wagering options, live betting through the William Hill online sportsbook gives real-time lines on major sports such as basketball, baseball, hockey and football. Almost any sports market that sparks your interest has a live betting option. To access this feature, select "In Play" from the sports betting menu.
The cash-out option exemplifies betting flexibility. For wagers already placed, customers can cash out before the bet is settled to lock in a profit ahead of a game-ending or salvage losses if a bet takes a dive. Bets that are cash-out eligible will state such after the bet is placed. Typically, odds boosts and promotional bets are not cash-out eligible.
William Hill’s odds boost page has extensive offerings across numerous sports, which it groups into tabs so customers can select a specific sport instead of scrolling through the entire list. One slight on William Hill's odds boost feature is it doesn't show the original odds, only the boosted. This makes it harder to discern the value of the "boost" you're receiving. Customers can "fact check" boosts by finding original odds, although this takes more work than necessary.
Same Game Parlay
William Hill sports betting site offers same-game parlay bets. Customers can click on the game they wish to wager, select more than one bet from that game and enter their wager amount in the parlay box that populates on the bet slip. Combos are plentiful in same-game parlays, like moneyline, player/game prop and much more. Not all combos will qualify for a same-game parlay. If this is the case, the bet slip will state that.
Understanding Betting Options
William Hill offers popular and common betting options, such as:
- Moneyline: A straight wager on one team or player to win a game or match.
- Spread: A wager on one team to cover a certain number of points. For baseball, this spread is called a run line; for hockey, a puck line.
- Totals: Betting on whether the combined points will go over or under a predetermined total.
- Props: A wager on a certain outcome within a game that isn't reliant on the final result, such as the number of strikeouts a pitcher will record or if a coin toss will be heads or tails.
- Futures: A wager on a future event, such as which team will win the World Series well before it's being played. Futures also include individual outcomes, like who will be the NFL MVP.
- Parlays: Combine multiple bets into a single ticket. More selections mean more profit, but all selections must win to cash.
The minimum bet on William Hill is 10 cents, which puts it on the lower end of most major sportsbooks.
The maximum bet William Hill will accept is $9,999; however, customers can consult with customer support if they wish to raise their max bets on markets.
There is not exclusively advertised reduced juice but lines such as -105 instead of the standard -110 juice are available at times.
Deposit & Withdrawal Methods at William Hill
William Hill’s deposit bet options may differ slightly from state to state but offer commonly accepted options. Options are limited for withdrawals. For the most streamlined process, select the method you chose during deposit for withdrawal, if applicable.
The minimum deposit required by William Hill is $20. This can be made through the following options:
- Online banking: Search from thousands of banks. No card or banking information needed, just sign in with your online bank username and password after selecting this option through the William Hill deposit platform.
- Credit/debit card: William Hill accepts Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Enter all pertinent card information, including the CVV three-digit code on the back of the card. Not all card issuers allow gambling transactions, so you might want to check first.
- ACH/e-check: Transfer funds from your bank account with a higher deposit limit.
- PayPal: Link PayPal account to bank account before depositing into William Hill account. You'll log into PayPal after selecting this option and can fund your sportsbook account from there.
- PayNearMe: Enter the email address or phone number used during account creation to generate a printable or electronic barcode. This barcode then can be used at a participating location, such as a 7-Eleven, Family Dollar or CVS store, where you'll present the barcode plus the cash amount you wish to deposit ($500 max).
- Play+ prepaid card: Once you've selected this deposit option, you can use Mastercard or Discover to fund your prepaid card and transfer funds directly to your William Hill account.
- Cash at casino cage: Customers can deposit cash at William Hill retail sportsbook locations (detailed below) to fund their online account.
Options are ACH bank transfer, online banking, William Hill Play+ prepaid card and PayPal.
- ACH bank transfer: Requires your Social Security and driver’s license numbers, and your bank routing and account numbers.
- Online banking: Provides thousands of options and first categorizes the most popular banks: Chase, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, PNC, TD Bank, Capital One, U.S. Bank and Navy Federal.
- Play+ prepaid card: Must enroll by selecting this as your withdrawal method and follow the prompts.
- PayPal: Once your PayPal account has been used to deposit with William Hill, you then may use your PayPal account to withdraw funds.
All methods require a minimum $20 withdrawal. ACH, online banking and Play+ can withdraw up to $5,000 in a single transaction, while the PayPal limit is $10,000. Withdrawals will be paid out within five days from being processed after a request is submitted.
How Does William Hill Payout?
A withdrawal request should be processed within 72 hours for a William Hill payout, but usually are quicker. The operator may request additional documentation for a withdrawal request for customer security.
William Hill Sportsbook State Restrictions
William Hill is consistent across all its states of operation. Sports betting currently isn't established in most states despite PASPA being overturned, however, the following states have William Hill legal sports betting:
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
William Hill Colorado
- Availability: Online and retail sportsbook
- Land-Based Partner: Isle Casino, 401 Main St., Black Hawk, CO 80422
- License: Colorado Division of Gaming
Launched on Sept. 9, 2020. William Hill has retail sportsbooks at its land-based casino partner and the Lady Luck Casino (340 Main St., Black Hawk, CO 80422).
William Hill Illinois
- Availability: Online and retail sportsbook
- Land-Based Partner: Grand Victoria Casino, 250 S. Grove Ave., Elgin, IL 60120
- License: Illinois Gaming Board
Launched its online platform on Sept. 15, 2020, a month after its retail sportsbook at the Grand Victoria Casino opened.
William Hill Indiana
- Availability: Online and retail sportsbook
- Land-Based Partner: Tropicana Evansville, 421 NW Riverside Dr., Evansville, IN 47708
- License: Indiana Gaming Commission
Launched mobile app and website on Oct. 29, 2020. William Hill has a retail sportsbook at Tropicana Evansville, Caesars Southern Indiana (11999 Casino Center Dr. SE, Elizabeth, IN 47117) and Horseshoe Hammond (777 Casino Center Dr., Hammond, IN 46320). In unison with the online sportsbook launch, William Hill signed a partnership deal with the NFL's Indianapolis Colts.
William Hill Iowa
- Availability: Online and retail sportsbook
- Land-Based Partner: Harrah's Council Bluffs, 1 Harrah's Blvd, Council Bluffs, IA 51501
- License: Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission
Launched the state's first sportsbook mobile app in August 2019 and released an enhanced app and website on Jan. 1, 2021. William Hill operates retail sportsbooks at six casinos throughout Iowa:
- Harrah's Council Bluffs (1 Harrah's Blvd, Council Bluffs, IA 51501)
- Horseshoe Council Bluffs (2701 23rd Ave., Council Bluffs, IA 51501)
- Isle Casino Bettendorf (1777 Isle Pkwy, Bettendorf, IA 52722)
- Isle Casino Waterloo (777 Isle of Capri Blvd, Waterloo, IA 50701)
- Lakeside Casino (777 Casino Dr., Osceola, IA 50213)
- Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino (1 Prairie Meadows Dr, Altoona, IA 50009)
William Hill Michigan
- Availability: Online and retail sportsbook, online casino
- Land-Based Partner: Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians
- License: National Indian Gaming Commission and Michigan Gaming Control Board
Launched online on Jan. 22, 2021. The Onyx Sports Book at Turtle Creek Casino (7741 M-72, Williamsburg, MI 49690) along with a satellite location at Leelanau Sands Casino in Northern Michigan (2521 N. West Bay Shore Dr, Peshawbestown, MI 49682) are the two William Hill retail sportsbook locations.
William Hill New Jersey
- Availability: Online and retail sportsbook, online casino
- Land-Based Partners: Monmouth Park, Tropicana, Caesars Atlantic City, Ocean Casino
- License: New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
Established itself in the state in 2018. Has retail sportsbooks across Monmouth Park (175 Oceanport Ave., Oceanport, N.J. 07757), Tropicana (2831 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, N.J. 08401), Caesars Atlantic City (2100 Pacific Ave, Atlantic City, N.J. 08401) and Ocean Casino (500 Boardwalk, Atlantic City, N.J. 08401). William Hill partnered with the NHL's New Jersey Devils, which includes a sports lounge at the Prudential Center.
William Hill Tennessee
- Availability: Online sportsbook
- Land-Based Partner: No retail casinos in the state
- License: Tennessee Education Lottery Board of Directors
Launched its online and mobile platforms on March 11, 2021. Since Tennessee has no commercial casinos or sportsbooks, William Hill operates only as an online entity. State law legalized only online sports betting on Nov. 1, 2020.
William Hill Virginia
- Availability: Online sportsbook, retail coming soon
- Land-Based Partner: City of Danville, VA, plans to build a retail casino
- License: Virginia Lottery
Launched Feb. 3, 2021. William Hill became the first operator to offer sports betting inside a professional sports complex through a deal with Capital One Arena in Washington, D.C. William Hill has partnerships with the Washington Capitals, Wizards and Mystics as their official sports betting partner. Virginia prohibits betting on collegiate sports involving Virginia-based schools.
William Hill West Virginia
- Availability: Online sportsbook and casino
- Land-Based Partner: Mountaineer Casino & Racetrack (1420 Mountaineer Cir, New Cumberland, W.V. 26047)
- License: West Virginia Lottery Commission
Launched online and mobile app on Sept. 4, 2020 and offers a retail sportsbook at land-based partner.
William Hill Casino
William Hill currently offers online casino gaming to customers in Michigan, New Jersey and West Virginia, who can play slots, table games and live dealer games as well as some niche options.
William Hill currently doesn't offer any loyalty programs to its customers. However, with Caesars acquiring William Hill, this could change. Caesars has a robust retail customer rewards/loyalty program that could be incorporated into the online sportsbook platform.
William Hill Customer Support
William Hill lists customer support options at the bottom of its pages on the desktop and through the "My Account" tab on the mobile app. These options include a live chat, a help section and a contact us link. The sportsbook's “live chat” option refers customers to email communication after selecting it, so it doesn't exactly live up to its name. The help tab has a comprehensive breakdown of every facet of the William Hill Sportsbook with information and FAQ sections to help resolve problems. Phone and email options are 855-754-1200 and [email protected] William Hill also provides state-specific email addresses. The format is support-(state abbreviation)@williamhill.us. For example, customers in Colorado would email [email protected]
Safety and Security
William Hill is a secure site and is licensed and regulated in every state in which it operates. William Hill has proven its consistent security up to this point with its user-ship of about two million customers. William Hill has provided safety and security of personal and financial information for its customers through SSL encryption software. The security level of William Hill rivals that of top financial institutions. Customers also can help protect their accounts by creating intricate passwords and keeping account information to themselves.
Information and resources are provided by William Hill within the "Responsible Gaming" tab on the top-left on the desktop and through the menu tab on the mobile app. William Hill's responsible gaming includes allowing customers to set limits on deposits, wagers and time spent on the site. William Hill has contact information and resources on Responsible Gaming specific to each state in which it operates. Visit the "Responsible Gaming" tab on your state's William Hill platform to see all that is offered.
Our Verdict of William Hill Sportsbook
William Hill has established its strong brand in the U.S. after building an international reputation. This operator is well experienced in sports betting and has used that to become more user-friendly. It has many options on markets and a smooth interface to navigate. One easy improvement is the odds boost sections. William Hill doesn't list the original odds of the boost, and it should give full transparency to bettors. That aside, William Hill betting is a good option for casual and seasoned bettors because the sportsbook provides robust variety, a user-friendly platform, a lucrative sign-up promotion and is a respected brand. No matter your bankroll, you’ll find something worthwhile from William Hill sports betting.
William Hill Sportsbook FAQs
What states is William Hill sportsbook legal in?
Is William Hill sportsbook legit?
William Hill sportsbook is licensed and regulated in every state in which it operates, proving its legitimacy.
Who can place bets on William Hill?
Anyone at least 21 years old and located in a legal state of operation can place bets on William Hill.
How do I bet on William Hill?
You can bet on William Hill by establishing an account and making a deposit. To bet you must be in a state where William Hill is licensed and regulated.
How do I get the William Hill App?
The William Hill app is available on the App Store on iOS and Google Play for Android devices. If Google Play doesn't list the app in your state, visit the William Hill website through your mobile device and download from there.
How can I withdraw funds from William Hill?
You can withdraw funds from William Hill through e-check, online banking, Play+, PayPal and cash at a cage of a casino with a William Hill Sportsbook.
How long does William Hill take to payout?
Withdrawals will be paid out within five days from being processed after a request is submitted. A withdrawal request should be processed within 72 hours for a William Hill payout, but usually are quicker in general. William Hill may request additional documentation for a withdrawal request for customer security.
Does William Hill offer live betting?
Yes, William Hill offers live betting in states that don't restrict the wagering option in its online sports betting legislation.